How to buy a Christmas tree in Vienna
* Wait for the 15th of December when the Christmas tree lots open
* Stop at "your" farmer's lot on your way home from work -
rest assured, there is one between your tram stop and your home!
* A warm hello to the "Lord of the Trees" and a gentle reminder that none
of the trees on the lot are to your liking
* Describe in glowing detail that gorgeous tree you bought from him
* Allow your farmer an offer to go visit his Christmas tree woods
right that same evening and cut that one tree he knows will please you!
* Make arrangements for the tree to be delivered and set up
in your living room the next evening.
* Start decorating the tree.
Ah, Vienna! Piling your kids in the car and driving to the Christmas tree lot
and then wrestling that monster onto the roof of the car and driving home
and the whole mess of setting the tree up - all but a distant memory!
Are you ready for coffee?
Tea or chocolate?
Off to the Kaffeehaus!
Wandering Star and Moannie
Originally published 21 Decembre 2010
Link: -> Original 2010 post with comments
Images and Text © by Merisi