Museum of Natural History
Brilliant golden light
on a late December mid-afternoon
Images and Text © by Merisi
"The museum building opened in 1889 at the same time as the Kunsthistorisches Museum. The two museums have identical exteriors and face each other across Maria-Theresien-Platz. The Museum was built to house the huge collection of the Habsburgs.
Both buildings were built between 1872 and 1891 on the Ringstraße according to plans drawn up by Gottfried Semper and Karl Freiherr von Hasenauer." -> Quote from Wikipedia Naturhistorische Museum Vienna