U6 Metro Station
Währinger Strasse - Volksoper
"Währing High Street & People's Opera"
Built under architect Otto Wagner
and opened in 1898
9th and 18th District
Alsergrund and Währing
Image © by Merisi
-> Line U6 Floridsdorf - Siebenhirten @ :
"Construction started in 1894, opened as Metropolitan Railway (Stadtbahn) in 1898
Closed 1918, electrified and re-opened as lines G and GD in 1926.
Closed 1989, 1st section of line U6 re-opened in 1989, completed in 1996"
For more information, click on the link, a homepage of the University of Vienna